Hey friends! Now that it is peak Christmas shopping season, I want to share some of my favorite places to find unique gifts. Let’s be honest: I love the convenience of grabbing something quick from Amazon Prime, or a big box retailer. But there is something special about supporting a small business during this time of year. Consider this your definitive guide to help you shop small online this season!
Art and Design
- Chelcey Tate Designs: Fun lettering quotes and a great line of hand lettered apparel too!
- Thirsty Hearts Design: This has been one of my favorite Etsy shops for many years, AND she’s local to Lexington 🙂
- Kayla Weber Art: Abstracts, Kentucky landscapes, ornaments, globes and more! I have three of her original pieces in my home! Check one out here!
- Pursuing Pie Shelfie Shop: Adorable custom “shelfie” paintings.
- Naomi Paper Co.: Prints, card sets, and more. I love this artist’s style!
- Scripture Type: I’ve mentioned this site on my blog several times. Our collection of beautiful scripture based art continues to grow!
- Emilie Belle: Can’t get enough of this Etsy shop! Graham just bought me her “Come As You Are” print, and I can’t wait to get it framed!
- Poppi Paper Co.: Beautiful lettering and illustration.
- Field and Forest Design: I love all of her wood signs and ornaments. They would make great gifts! And she’s a Kentucky artist!
- Little Low: This shop has a little bit of everything, and I love it all. I think some of their prints would make adorable nursery art (see: one, two, three, and four).
- Ginably: There are so many things I love from this shop. Make sure to check out their collection of monthly and weekly notepads!
- Open Hand Studio: Graham bought me a print from this shop for our first anniversary. I’m currently eyeing her 2017 Advent Countdown!
- Freckled Hen Farmhouse: Kitchen supplies, household items, gardening tools and more. The perfect place to find a gift for anyone who loves being a homemaker.
- The Kind Pilot: Adorable banners and garlands. Her Christmas collection is so fun!
- Willow and Burl: Amazing handcrafted wood products for the home. I’m eyeing their Copper Pour Over Stand!
- Belle and Union Co.: I’ve loved following this shop over the past few years. Some of my favorite items are their collections of tea towels and pie picks.
- For the Host: Handcrafted home and office supplies.
- Bijoux Lu and Co.: Wooden, minimalist home accessories. I love their collections of wall shelves and dog bowl stands!
- Vessel and Vine: Stunning tinted ceramic wares for your home. Adding their Marbled Cement Ring Cones to my wishlist.
- Amaranthus Paper Flora: I can’t get enough of these beautiful paper flower bouquets. And the best part? You never have to worry about watering them!
- Native Supply Co.: Simple banners and flags for the home. Great designs!
Apparel, Jewelry, and Accessories
- Dear Mushka: I first heard of this shop earlier this year, and it became an instant favorite. They sell beautiful hand crafted jewelry, and each piece is based on a Scripture verse. There is sure to be an item that speaks to anything you are walking through.
- Milovala: Simple, minimalist style jewelry. Another Kentucky artist!
- Stella Bella Boutique: I was given a piece of her jewelry as a bridesmaid gift, and I wear it constantly! Her current “Stones” collection is beautiful.
- Always Rooney: Leather goods, passport covers, luggage tags, and more!
- Project 615: Nashville based apparel shop. Many of their items are Tennessee focused, but they have plenty of items that anyone in the South would love.
- Better Life Bags: Handmade, custom bags that support a great cause!
- Eclectic Joy Shop: Handcrafted infinity scarves. Would be a great place to shop for a mom and daughter, as she has both adult and toddler sizes!
For Dogs and Dog Lovers
- The Dapper Dog Box: Yes, I admit it, we are 100% dog crazy. Not ashamed to say that Abe has been enjoying this monthly dog subscription box since August. We opted for the heavy chewer option and it’s been amazing! I could never find toys that Abe couldn’t destroy before subscribing. Now they are all over our home 🙂
- Bubs’ and Betty’s: An Etsy shop devoted to apparel for doodle lovers. How could I resist?
- Bow Addo: Well crafted dog bandanas and bow ties. We found this shop through our Dapper Dog Box!
- Dapper Dexter: Another great discovery we made through our Dapper Dog Box subscription. Abe will have the Milk and Cookies Tie at some point.
- Puppy Riot: Another bandana and collar shop. Their holiday collection is too cute!
For Disney Lovers
- Oh Yeah Apparel: This site is always being updated with awesome new styles. I love their classic Race You Down Main Street tee.
- Once Upon Apparel: Can’t get enough of this new-to-me site. I’ll probably be making a couple purchases from here before our next trip back to Disney.
- Walt’s Wardrobe: Great selection of Disney inspired graphic tees!
- D3Tees: For a unique Disney look, check out their line of pocket tees!
- Homage: Graham’s favorite UK Crew Neck came from this shop. They have great vintage inspired sports apparel.
- Old Try: American made Southern prints. I could have stuck this in the Art and Design section, but their style is a bit more masculine than most of the shops listed above. I have about ten of their prints on my wish list.
- Native Maps: I love the style of these neighborhood maps. Now if they’d only add a “Lexington” to their lineup.
- KMM CO: Great leather gifts for your man. My favorite finds from this site include their Hotel Key Fob, Key Lanyard, and Travel Notebook.
- Southern Socks: Comfy socks with fun, southern inspired designs. We used these as groomsmen gifts for our wedding!
- Clayton and Crume: More amazing handcrafted leather goods. A few unique items I found on this site include their coasters, sunglass straps, and tech gear.
- Baxter and the Bear: If the guy in your life is a movie or TV junkie, you need to check out this site. They have awesome alternative movie and show posters.
I am always on the lookout for new places to shop small! If you love supporting a small business that I missed, please comment below and let me know what it is! I will update this list with any great new discoveries over the next few weeks 🙂
Header Image: Designed by Freepik
Footer Image: Designed by Freepik