Graham’s Classic Chili recipe is a big favorite in our house! It’s a hearty, tasty way to jumpstart the fall season, with the perfect amount of kick!
As I’ve alluded to a few times on the blog, Graham is an amazing cook. In the two years we’ve been married, he has only gotten better and better. While I love just about anything he cooks, this recipe for chili is truly one of my favorite things he does. He’s been making chili according to this recipe for as long as I’ve known him. After a couple of friends asked him to share his recipe, I finally convinced him to write it down, and now we want to share it with you all!
In my opinion, the thing that really sets his chili apart is the Italian Sausage. It adds so much flavor and depth to each bite. I also love that the recipe is very versatile. If you prefer your chili hotter, add extra red pepper flakes and do not remove the jalapeño seeds. If you prefer your chili to be sweeter, add a tablespoon of barbecue sauce or sugar.
Take my word for it, you’re going to want to add this chili recipe to your upcoming meal plan! For the peak yumminess, plan on cooking the chili the day before you want to serve it. Then cozy up with some college football, a pumpkin candle, and a big bowl of chili. I can’t think of a better fall day for our family.
- 2 lb. Italian Sausage
- 1 Yellow or White Onion, diced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 2 Jalapeños
- 30 oz. Canned Diced Tomatoes (or 4 fresh Tomatoes, diced)
- 15 oz. Can of Tomato Sauce (or 2 fresh pureed Tomatoes)
- 15 oz. Yellow Corn, fresh, frozen, or canned
- 30 oz. Chili Beans
- 1 Box of Carroll Shelby's Chili Kit
- 1 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 1-2 Tbsp. Hot Sauce
- 2-3 Cups Water
- In a large Dutch Oven, brown the Italian Sausage.
- As the Italian Sausage is browning, dice and add the onion, green bell peppers, and jalapeños (seeds removed).
- Add the diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. Mix well.
- Add corn, chili beans, seasoning packet, red pepper flakes, and hot sauce. Mix well.
- Add water.
- Bring to a boil, then lower the temperature to low and allow to simmer for 1-2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with cheese, sour cream, hot sauce, green onions, or any desired toppings!