Shortly after Graham and I got married, we decided to attempt to follow the traditional themes for anniversary gifts. In all honesty, it may be more accurate to say I decided we would be following these traditions. Either way, Graham has been very sweet to comply with my love for this sentiment. In case you aren’t familiar with the tradition, here is a quick list:
Our first anniversary was in 2016, but I thought it would be fun to look back and put together a gift guide for inspiration! I love how creative these categories force you to become, and anniversary gifts have quickly become my favorite to plan for and to receive! In fairness, the guide is a little skewed towards more feminine ideas, but many of the options could work for both!
Some of the link below are affiliate links, meaning, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you click through and/or make a purchase 🙂
- Kentucky Foil Pressed Map: I love filling our home with meaningful art, rather than mass produced items from big box retailers. This foil pressed map from Minted would help do just that! They are available in every state!
- Rifle Paper Company Recipe Cards: If your spouse loves to cook or bake, these would make a great gift! These well-designed cards turn simple recipes into keepsakes! Rifle Paper Company has many recipe card designs and I’m on a mission to collect them all 🙂
- Custom House Portrait: Shortly after we moved into our first home, we bought a custom home portrait from a talented friend of ours. It’s truly one of my favorite possessions. This option from Minted allows you to upload a photo and their artists create a print for you! This would also make a great housewarming gift!
- Polka Dot Picture Frame: Confession time…we didn’t print a single wedding photo until our first anniversary. We loved our pictures and had every intention of getting around to it…but it never seemed to happen. For our first anniversary, Graham printed a few of our favorite wedding pictures and we finally were able to use them as decor in our home. I have a goal to print photos and decorate with glimpses of our life more often. Cute frames like this are providing good motivation!
- Paper to Petal Book: Any book in general would be a good gift for the paper theme. In fact, part of my gift to Graham was a book about the best hiking trails in Red River Gorge. I chose this book for the gift guide because it’s a paper book about a paper craft (double creativity points). This beautifully designed book teaches you to make paper flowers that you never have to worry about watering! It’s on my wishlist!
- Magazine Subscription: This is a paper gift idea that could easily fit for anyone’s interests! I included a link for HGTV Magazine because it’s one of the best pieces of mail I receive.
- Floral Journal: I have a slight obsession with cute journals. I love this one from Kate Spade! It would be so fun to fill with memories from trips you take as a couple, favorite dates, and bits of life together.
- 1 Corinthians 13 Love Art: As I’ve mentioned in previous posts, Scripture Type is one of my favorite places to find art for our home! We have this print in black and white, and I think it would make a great anniversary gift.
- Home Print: I love the design of these cute lyrics! This piece is from Etsy, so it helps support a small business and fills your home with cuteness 🙂
- Watercolor City Map: If you can’t tell by now, I love finding sentimental art for the home. This is a city map of some of Savannah’s most notable places. I chose this map for the gift guide because Graham and I took a day trip to Savannah on our honeymoon. Minted features maps in this style for several popular cities!
- Navigator’s Council Marriage Journal: This journal is printed by the folks behind the Beating 50 Percent blog. It is a journal designed to facilitate intentional communication and growth as a couple. Graham and I just started using it very recently, but we are already enjoying the process of working through it together. I can’t think of a better anniversary gift than one that is designed to help you invest in your marriage!
Hope you enjoyed reading today’s gift guide! I am excited to share more anniversary guides in the future! Do you follow the traditional anniversary gift themes? What is your favorite anniversary gift you’ve received? I’d love to hear from you all!
Header Image Credit: Dei Gratia Photography