Hi friends! Tomorrow is officially the first day of fall! (Although let’s be honest, I’ve been in full fall mode since September 1st). To celebrate, I thought it would be fun to share my fall bucket list! I love making seasonal bucket lists and then looking back and seeing what all we were able to do. Hope you enjoy and maybe get some ideas for your plans over the next few months!
Fall Bucket List
- Make S’mores Around the Fire Pit: We received a fire pit as a wedding gift, and now that we have a backyard we love using it so much! In my ambitious dream life, I want to make homemade graham crackers and marshmallows for s’mores….we’ll see if that actually happens 🙂
- Host a Fall Party: One of my very favorite things to do is host people in our home. Last year we had a fall party for our connect group, a small group of friends from our church, and it was so much fun! I’m hoping to continue the tradition this year!
- Visit a Corn Maze: I have had this on my fall bucket list for years, because I can’t remember ever going to a corn maze! Crazy, I know. Hopefully this will be the year!
- Take Fall Family Photos: My family didn’t really do Christmas cards growing up, but since we got a puppy I’ve loved taking family photos. Fall is such a cozy time, and it will be fun to see how much Abe has grown since last year!
- Make Chili: Have you really, truly celebrated fall if you haven’t made a big pot of chili? We’ve already had chili once in our home, but I wouldn’t be mad about making it another few times. If you want to switch things up and try out a new chili recipe, check out Graham’s!
- Paint Pumpkins: Honesty moment…I hate carving pumpkins. I don’t like the mess it makes, and I’ve never been too pleased with the results. This year instead of setting myself up for disappointment, I’m opting to paint pumpkins. I’m very inspired by these tutorials from Simply Sara D.
- Visit an Orchard: We have a couple of great orchards around the Lexington area, and I can’t wait to visit!
- Learn to Sew a Scarf: I received a sewing machine as a very sweet gift last Christmas. Unfortunately I haven’t found the time to really learn to use it. I’m hoping my love of scarves and fall home decor will provide me motivation to finally figure it out.
- Buy and Burn a New Fall Candle: I love candles, and there’s nothing better than breaking out a new seasonal candle. Truth: my idea of a great Friday night involves spending thirty minutes in Anthropologie smelling every candle they sell. (I know, I’m cool)
- Decorate the Front Porch for Fall: I’ve already started this process, and I can’t wait to see how it turns out! PSA: if you live in Lexington, there’s no better place to buy pumpkins and mums than Louis’ Flower Power Shop.
- Bake a Pie: Oddly enough, I’ve never baked an apple pie. This is the year. Taste testers welcome 🙂
- Watch a Scary Movie with Friends: Even though scary movies really aren’t my thing, I still love watching them with friends around this time of year.
Bonus Item 13. Binge Watch Stranger Things: Is anyone else as excited about season two as I am? Graham and I are planning on re-watching the first season, because let’s be honest, we flew through it the first time. Also, a little birdie told me North Lime Coffee and Donuts will be making Stranger Things themed donuts to celebrate the release. You’re welcome 🙂
What’s on your fall bucket list? I’d love to hear how you celebrate this season!