Hi friends! Today I’m excited to share one of my favorite corners in our home, our coffee bar. In case you didn’t already know, coffee is a pretty important part of my life. The majority of my days are spent at North Lime Coffee and Donuts, where I help manage our original location. Although I only started drinking coffee about six years ago (the night of my first college exam), I have always loved coffee shops. Visiting local coffee shops is one of my very favorite things to do while traveling. I feel very fortunate that I get to spend a huge chunk of my time working in a place that I love. This cozy corner of our dining room is the place where my passions for home design and coffee intersect!
As I think back on the year we’ve spent in this home, our coffee bar has been a favorite spot from the beginning. Even when the rest of our home was a jungle of cardboard boxes, I made sure our coffee bar was easily accessible and styled. It’s nice to have a small section of your life together when the rest feels crazy, right? Over the past year we have upgraded and added to our coffee gear collection, and I love the state that it’s in right now!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you click through and/or make a purchase 🙂
My Coffee Bar Must Haves
It’s so easy to create your own coffee bar! Just by gathering a few items you most likely already have in your home, you can make a cute, functional space! These are my coffee bar must haves!
- A Coffee Maker (obviously). Okay so it wouldn’t be much of a coffee bar without a way to make coffee. While we were engaged we registered for this Mr. Coffee brewer. It isn’t the fanciest thing on the market but it gets the job done, and I love that you can program it the night before!
- A Cute Way to Display Mugs: I found this mug tree at World Market, and I love it! Collecting mugs is a bit of a weakness of mine…I just can’t pass up a good deal on a cute one! I love how I can add color to this corner by displaying my prettiest mugs. We also own approximately 42 North Lime mugs, so the extra storage in our freestanding cabinet is a must!
- Storage Containers: Containers help keep this area looking collected, but not cluttered. The small yellow capped container on the top shelf holds various sugar packets. We originally used the white bin with the chalk lettering to collect cards at our wedding. I’ve repurposed it to hold extra coffee equipment and filters.
Coffee Bar Upgrades
While the three items above are all you truly need for a great designated coffee space, it’s nice to have a few extras:) The following are my favorite upgrades we’ve added over the years.
- A Chemex: Can every manual coffee brewer be this well designed? The Chemex has been around for ages, and it’s my favorite way to start a slow morning around the house.
- A Hario Pour Over Kettle: Okay, so this item was a bit of a splurge, but we love it so much! In the coffee world this kettle is about as good as it gets. I’m a big fan of the sleek design.
- A Kitchen Scale: I use my scale all the time, especially when baking, but I storing it with my coffee gear. My favorite way to use it is while preparing the perfect Chemex!
- A Burr Grinder: Let’s just face it, coffee tastes so much better when it’s freshly ground. We love to switch up the way we brew our coffee, and this allows us to buy whole beans and grind them however we prefer.
My Favorite Extras
Last, but certainly not least, I’ve included a few additions that make our coffee bar work so well for us. I’m all about hitting the sweet spot of stylish and functional in home design, and these items help accomplish that!
- A Mug Full of Pens: I’m not sure how it is at your house, but around here pens tend to wander. Our simple solution has been to wrangle them in a mug! As you may have noticed, we also keep scissors and even chip clips down in the mug. It’s such a cute, easy fix for us!
- My Recipe Box: This is probably the most grabbed item on our coffee bar. We use it almost daily while cooking and meal planning. I love keeping it with my favorite seasonal cookbooks for easy accessibility and a cute pop of florals!
- Coffee Inspired Art: I have loved Scripture Type for years. In fact, this shop is the only kickstarter I’ve felt passionate enough about to back! This coffee inspired art print featuring 1 Corinthians 10:31 was one of my gifts for supporting their shop’s growth. If you’ve never seen their work I would greatly encourage you to follow the link and check them out!
Hope you enjoyed this quick tour of our at home coffee bar! If you’re a coffee lover and haven’t created a space like this in your home, you should give it a try! And if you ever need any help or recommendations, leave a comment below:) I’m always happy to help!