Hey friends! Happy 2018 🙂 I want to start the year with a quick mini-series of posts about Whole30. In case you aren’t familiar, Whole30 is basically an intense thirty day detox diet. By cutting out several food groups, Whole30 aims to act as a nutritional reset for your body, and helps you put an end to unhealthy food cravings. Graham and I completed a round of Whole30 last February. It was incredibly difficult, but we were both very proud of this accomplishment! It helped me identify food groups that were causing digestive issues (looking at you dairy) and has drastically changed our grocery shopping habits. The beginning of a new year is a great time to set goals to improve your eating habits. Start your year off right by trying out some of our favorite Whole30 meals!
- Chicken Cobb Salad with Buffalo Ranch via Paleo Running Momma: This salad was a life saver when it came to lunch meal prepping. Don’t skip the homemade buffalo ranch!
- Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili via The Real Food Dietitians: In my opinion, one of the most difficult things about Whole30 is the huge increase in time spent prepping for meals. It’s so nice to have a couple go-to slow cooker soups that will stretch across a few meals.
- Chicken and Broccoli via Jay’s Baking Me Crazy: This is a great, easy to prepare Whole30 meal.
- Grilled Fish Taco Bowls via Lisa’s Dinnertime Dish: A couple of alterations are needed to make this meal Whole30 approved. Sadly, you’ve got to skip the sour cream sauce. Make sure your pico de gallo is compliant as well. This meal was a favorite of ours, and we still make it pretty often!
- Lemon Chicken via Shutterbean: Y’all, I cannot say enough good things about this meal. Serve this with a side of cauliflower rice and sit in awe of how tasty healthy food can be.
- Mexican Chicken Soup via I Heart Naptime: Another great crockpot meal!
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork via Shutterbean: This is a very versatile recipe that is great to make at the beginning of the week and eat all week long. We loved frying the cooked pork to use for tacos, and adding it to a sheet pan potato hash.
- Cauliflower Fried Rice via Jay’s Baking Me Crazy: If you know me well, you know I’m a bit rice crazy. I don’t think I would have made it through college without $1 instant rice packets. Giving up rice for Whole30 was tough, but recipes like this made it a little easier!
- Paleo Bang Bang Shrimp via Our Paleo Life: I had to include this one in the roundup because it was one of Graham’s favorites. It’s super fast and easy to make, and goes great with zucchini noodles.
- Crispy Smashed Potatoes via Shutterbean: Graham is literally cooking this side item as I type. Potatoes are my favorite food and these gave me life last February.
- Bacon Burger and Fries Breakfast Bake via Paleo Running Momma: If you get a little bored with chicken (like we did) this meal will be a welcomed change.
- Skillet Roasted Breakfast Veggies via Little Coconutty: If I’m being honest, we had some variation of this meal every few days throughout our round of Whole30. It’s filling, easy to switch up, and great to make a huge batch and eat leftovers for days.
I hope this roundup of our favorite Whole30 meals was helpful for you! Even if you aren’t interested in completing a round of Whole30, these are some great healthy meals to add into your dinner rotation. Speaking of that, if meal planning is something you want to improve on in 2018, check out this post for all my favorite tips and tricks.
Be on the lookout later this week for another Whole30 related post! I’ll be sharing all my tips for surviving (thriving?) during a round of Whole30. Thanks for reading!